This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WetSkinMoisturizer #CollectiveBias
Hey y’all! In the winter the air is so much drier, and this dry air can quickly dry out skin. Today I wanted to share with y’all my tips and tricks to prevent dry skin in the winter! 🙂 Using my Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer with Restoring Argan Oil is an essential part of my moisturizing routine, but I also have a lot of tricks I use to help even more! My favorite scents are the Cherry Almond Essence and the Restoring Argan Oil.
How I apply my Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer
I apply 1 quarter size amount to each leg, and a dime size amount to each arm. I also use a quarter size for my mid-section around to my back.
10 Tips to Prevent Dry Skin in Winter
- Moisturize, Moisturize, MOISTURIZE! Especially when the air is dry, implementing an intense moisturizer into your daily routine is essential. I use my Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer in the morning right before I get out of the shower to moisturize my skin for the day ahead. In the evening, I apply right before I get out of the shower as well to lock in the moisture while I am sleeping. It’s so important with the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer that you don’t rinse after you apply it, and pat yourself dry. Moisturizing wet skin actually increases absorption into the skin, and it immediately absorbs for faster moisturization. I absolutely LOVE this product because it’s quick, smells amazing, provides my skin with all day moisture, & it isn’t sticky AT ALL! 🙂
- Don’t use scalding hot water, and pat yourself dry instead of rubbing. Hot water can actually dehydrate skin, so a lukewarm temperature shower will help the skin retain more moisture. Patting yourself dry also helps your skin retain more moisture when you’re drying off.
- Reduce shower time. Long showers can actually strip moisture of your skin and your hair. Getting in and getting out is the best way to shower in order to keep your hair and skin healthy and moisturized.
- Drink enough water. Like anything, drinking more water is always a good choice to improve your overall hydration! 🙂 When your body is hydrated, your skin is better hydrated as well.
- Avoid itchy wool fabrics. I am actually partially allergic to wool, but cotton is the best choice! Make sure whatever your wearing is breathable and comfortable. You also want to avoid super form-sitting clothing as that can irritate skin as well. 🙂
- Increase good fats in diet! Eating more foods that have a high amount of good fat — like avocados — make your skin glow! Fruits that have a high water percentage (watermelons, strawberries, cantaloupes, grapefruits) help keep you hydrated as wel
- Increase your intake of foods rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C actually increases collagen production, which is a protein that helps maintain your overall skin health and outward appearance. 🙂 So by eating a grapefruit, your eating a fruit with a high Vitamin C content AND a high water content. 🙂
- Exfoliate regularly. Sloughing off the old skin is essential to revealing the new skin underneath. I always use an intense moisturizer after I exfoliate to lock in the moisture on my newly exposed skin. The Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer is perfect for post-exfoliation moisturizing! 🙂
- Use a humidifier at home! Consider putting a humidifier in your room at night while you sleep to help add moisture back into your air. Georgia is so humid in the summer which is amazing for my skin. But, in the winter my skin becomes dry so quickly because of the harsh, dry air.
- Follow basic steps to stay healthy! Like your mom and doctor always told you, eat good foods & exercise daily. A bacterial or viral infection can actually make skin conditions worse. So make sure your putting goodness into your body as an extra step to keep you skin beautiful and glowing all winter long.
Where I purchased My Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer
I purchased my Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer from Walmart. I picked up the Restoring Argan Oil and the Nourishing Monoi Oil scents. Both work amazing and smell absolutely divine. Since getting these, I have also picked up the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer Cherry Almond Essence scent and it smells so amazing too. The Cherry Almond Essence is actually an exclusive scent just for Walmart! 🙂 The Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer is super easy to find in the store. It’s actually on the lotion aisle in the beauty section of the store. Below is where I found mine at my local Walmart!
I hope y’all enjoyed these tips to prevent dry skin this winter. 🙂