DRESS: Forever 21 | LACE-UP WEDGES: Famous Footwear (BOGO 1/2 right now!) | EARRINGS: Valerie – Betsy Pittard c/o | BRACELET STACK: Betsy Pittard c/o | COGNAC TOTE: Nordstrom | RING: Nordstrom | HAIR: Beachwaver | SHADES: Karen Walker – Nordstrom | LIPSTICK: Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie + BareMinerals Moxie Gloss in Rebel – Ulta
This. Dress. Y’all. Have y’all ever had a dress that is just YOUR dress? Like it was made for you and every time you put it on, a rush of confidence just overcomes you? That’s how I feel in this dress. The jersey material hugs my curves in all the right places, and is flow-y in the areas I don’t want to be hugged. 😉 I adore the 3/4 length sleeves and it’s the perfect transitional dress heading into fall. I will totally be rocking this dress all the time with boots, booties, and whatever else this fall. The lace-up neckline is so on trend, and because it’s under $20, you totally have every reason to go check it out. 🙂
Here are 5 tips for finding the perfect dress for you:
- Know your body type! This is SO important when wearing anything. Google is so amazing for this. That way, you have a guide to know what type of dresses or clothing items to look for online or when out shopping. Obviously this isn’t a hard rule, but is definitely a helpful guideline.
- Accentuate your favorite features – Do you love your legs? Then go for a cocktail length over a maxi dress! Do you not love your arms? Then go for a 3/4 sleeve or long sleeve like this dress! You get the point – don’t try to make something work if all you can think about is how bad your “x” looks, you should be saying WOW, this dress makes me and my “x” look smokin’!
- Be comfortable! Obviously I know they say beauty is pain (definitely to an extent!), but you’re not going to look very happy or confident in a dress that you’re super uncomfortable in. You’ll just end up being self-conscious and that’s the last thing that should be on your mind!
- Take your height into consideration & shoe preference – I am not super tall (not short either, ugh I’m 5’5″) so I always love the way dresses look with heels or wedges. Even just when you’re going shopping, if you typically like dresses with feels or you like to wear your dresses with flats, make sure you wear those shoes with you shopping. I know that sounds kind of ridiculous, but there has been so many times I’ll go out in sandals to try on dresses and I hate the way they look, because I feel the most confident and “prettiest” when I am in heels or wedges when wearing a dress.
- Just own it! When you feel like a million bucks it totally shows. So whatever you’re wearing, strut your stuff girlfriend and own it! 🙂
I hope this was helpful! I hope y’all had a refreshing weekend and are ready to kick this week’s butt! 😉