Today I am going to be talking about one of my favorite hair products, the ACV by dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse. It is an alternative product to your normal shampoo and conditioner. Before you think “oh, another cleansing conditioner,” please keep on reading because this one actually works! I found out about the ACV by dpHUE while I was shopping on folica.com a few months ago. This product was featured on their homepage under new and upcoming products.
I had heard of using pure ACV or apple cider vinegar in your hair to clarify it using the “no poo” method. The no poo uses a mixture of apple cider vinegar and baking soda instead of shampoo/conditioner. The DIY Method seemed a little too organic and granola for me. When I saw this in a pre-made version that I could purchase, I was intrigued. It is also infused with Argan Oil. This is another huge plus for me because Argan oil is nourishing and protects hair from heat styling.
Here is what I love about the dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse:
- No horrible vinegar smell, it actually smells great! My hair smells great after washing and blow-drying! I absolutely hate the smell of vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar. In college we had to put apple cider vinegar out in the kitchen to get rid of fruit flies. Now when I smell vinegar it reminds me of that, ew! I’m so glad this doesn’t smell like that.
- Gets all of the gunk out of my hair! I am so horrible about not washing my hair very frequently. I wash my hair maybe 2 times a week, 3 max. After all of the dry shampoo, hairspray, oils, heat protectant, etc my hair is not looking so hot on day 4… With the dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse I don’t have to scrub my head and strip it of all of the oils. It gets all of the bad buildup out and leaves the good stuff in.
- Does not weigh hair down at all. It makes my hair so soft and way more manageable. I am not sure if you can tell from the pics or not, but my hair is SIGNIFICANTLY more manageable and shinier after I use the ACV, always.
- Cuts down blow-drying time, almost in half for me. I love it even more for this reason!
- I don’t have to wash my hair as frequently. This is probably the most important of all for me because I hate washing my hair. Even on day 3-4 after using this my hair is still looking awesome. My hair stays cleaner longer and I do not have to use nearly as much dry shampoo.
- Shiny hair. It makes my hair the shiniest hair, ever. Who doesn’t want shinier hair?
Here is what dpHUE has to say about their dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse (scientific stuff):
- Category defier, “no-poo” plus the benefits of conditioner and shine in one bottle
- Increases softness and shine, rejuvenates the look of your hair
- Gently removes impurities from hair without harsh surfactants
- Cleanses without stripping natural oils
- Restores pH of scalp and hair
- Closes the cuticle
- Natural detangling
- Works on all hair types
- Helps balance natural pH
- Incredible color locking technology
- Proteins help strengthen the appearance of hair and protect it from heat styling and breakage
- Ingredients include Apple Cider Vinegar, Argan Oil, Fire Tulip, Lavender Extract, Aloe Vera and more
- Apple Cider Vinegar has been used since ancient times for hair and scalp care
- Subtle vinegar scent that washes out odorless
I love this stuff and try to use it just about every other week to keep my hair shiny and healthy. Trust me, there is a noticeable difference when I use the dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse. To use it, I follow the directions on the bottle. I let it sit on my hair for 3 minutes before rinsing.
If you haven’t tried this product yet, you really should give it a go.