Double Dutch Ponytail – National Ponytail Day
Hey y’all! I hope you’re having a good week so far. I’ve been traveling for my job all day yesterday and today, so I’m definitely ready to come home tomorrow night. In honor of national ponytail day tomorrow, I wanted to share with y’all one of my favorite ponytail looks that is so easy to re-create. All you need to know for this tutorial is how to do a Dutch braid, which is a reverse French braid. Let me know what y’all think of this look! I think it’s a really fun take on the “boxer braids” everyone is rockin’ nowadays, but this double Dutch ponytail is a more relaxed and every day style. You can either dress up or down – I could totally rock this at the gym and then clip in the really cute gold barrette and wear it on a date night or to work. Master this so you can rock it tomorrow for National Ponytail Day and every day for that matter. 🙂
How to: Double Dutch Ponytail
1. Section hair in equal halves.
2. With a small section, split the section into 3 equal pieces to begin the braid.
3. Cross the hair under the middle strand when you are braiding. Add hair into the top piece and into the bottom piece.
4. Work your way to the back, cross the hair under and adding small sections. Pull tightly.
5. Once you reach the point where you want your ponytail, tie off with an elastic.
7. Bring hair together into a ponytail.
8. Clip in the scunci accessory! I’m obsessed with this gold clip!!
Master this style and rock it tomorrow for National Ponytail Day! 🙂